What type of loan should I apply for?
You can apply for different types of loans:
- Military Loans - personal military loans, military payday loans, car loans for military personnel (military auto loans)
- Emergency Loans
- Personal Loan
- Auto Loans / Car loans
- Home Improvement Loans (Home Equity Loans)
- Education Loans (student loans) interest rate on education loans is usually very low.
- Holiday Loans
- Debt Consolidation Loans for lowering the borrowing interest rate; and /or having deal with one creditor.
- Credit Cards are really some type of the loan
- Business Loans
- Title loan - A car title loan, or simply title loan, is a loan where the borrower provides their car title as collateral for a loan.
- Refund Anticipation Loan - A refund anticipation loan (RAL) is a short-term consumer loan secured by a taxpayer's expected tax refund, and designed to offer customers quicker access to funds than waiting for their tax refund.
- Different Mortgage Loan types.
------- Variable rate loans
------- Fixed rate loans
------- Lines of credit
------- Split or combined loans
------- Bridging finance
------- Equity Finance Mortgage
------- 100% offset loans
------- Lo doc loans
US specific loans:
- Federal student loan consolidation
- Federal Perkins Loan
- George D. Sax and the Exchange National Bank of Chicago - Innovation of instant loans
- Stafford loan
- Student loan default
Borrowers of identical amount will pay different amounts of interest on any of
11 loan types provided below (Loans below have different performance characteristics):
- Open-Ended Loans
- Closed-Ended Loans
- Secured Loans
- Unsecured Loans
- Conventional Loans
- Interest-only loan - An interest-only loan is a loan in which, for a set term, the borrower pays only the interest on the principal balance, with the principal balance unchanged
- PIK Loans - (payment in kind) loans
- Debt Consolidation Loans
- Payday loans
- Advance-fee loans - Usually are simply scams to get money from you.
- Peer-to-peer loans are unsecured personal loans, that unlike traditional, and many alternative loans, the transaction is between individuals. The individual investor determines interest rates on loan, the interest rates are determined based perception of how risky a loan to any particular borrower might be.
Tips for selecting personal loan:
- determine your loan requirements: budget, purpose, amount, flexibility
- determine the minimum amount of personal loan you need to borrow.
- select a personal loan repayment period most suitable to your conditions.
- Search, Compare and Select the type of personal loan you want among the various available personal loans types. Collect, systematize and evaluate information you have found. Think about Purchasing Loan Protector Insurance.
- analyze and find the best 2 or 3 best deals on personal loans type you have selected.
- negotiate to have discount and the best deal loan(compare Fees & Charges)
- search web before and after every step to validate your decision and remember that you may accidentally create problems for yourself
- look at available Loan Servicing Software.
Useful information from WIKI related to a loans.
A Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) is a source of money from which loans are made
for multiple small business development projects.
A syndicated loan is one that is provided by a group of lenders and is structured,
arranged, and administered by one or several commercial banks or investment banks
known as arrangers.
Amortization of a loan refers to the process of paying off a loan over time
through regular payments. A portion of each payment is for interest while the remaining
amount is applied towards the principal balance. The percentage of interest versus
principal in each payment is determined in an amortization schedule.
Military loans are loans for military personnel.
In finance, subprime lending (also referred to as near-prime, non-prime,
and second-chance lending) means making loans to people who may have difficulty
maintaining the repayment schedule. These loans are characterized by higher interest
rates and less favorable terms in order to compensate for higher credit risk.
["Subprime Lending". U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.]
There are different methods in which to arrive at a amortization schedule. These include:
Straight line (linear)
Bullet (all at once)
Increasing balance (negative amortization)
Useful websites with information and resources about loans:
Government Grants and Loans - student loan consolidation, direct loans, stafford loans, pell grants, college grants.
Bad credit Installment loans are an alternative for people those need finest rates from online unsecured loans lenders.
[Loans Back to Top]
Investment Gurus directory Main Page
Copyright © 2007
www.investmentsphere.com All Rights Reserved.